[C++-sig] Questions about doing advanced things with pyplusplus

Allen Bierbaum abierbaum at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 06:41:11 CET 2006

Roman et al:

As part of my expanding use of pyplusplus I would like to start doing
some more advanced things with the code/bindings.  I think most of
these require using some of the interfaces to the code creators but I
don't have a clear idea of how to do it.

I know that some of these have been partially asked in the past but I
am still a little confused and I would like to get a clear answer to
add to the FAQ for pyplusplus.

q1: How do I rename a method, class, or namespace?

q2: How do I finalize a virtual class or method (so it doesn't get an
polymorphic wrapper)?

q3: How do I set a call policy on a method?  (can you provide example
code to do this directly)

q4: How do I add support for smart ptrs and holders?  (like pyste's
use_shared_ptr() and hold_with_shared_ptr())

q5: How do I add methods?  (can you provide example code to do this)

q6: What is the recommended "best" way to add an additional include?
(example code?)

q7: What is the recommended "best" way to add custom code to a module?
 (for example to add custom wrappers or helpers)  (example code?)

Thanks,
Allen