[C++-sig] [Boost.Python] Using bbv2 to build simple extension

Roberto Aguilar roberto.c.aguilar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 21:25:32 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to setup my build environment to properly build a python
extension outside of the boost tree using Boost.Build v2.

So far I have this tree setup:

top/

  +-- Jamroot

  +-- lib/
  |    |
  |    +-- pytest
  |    |
  |    `-- Jamfile
  |    `-- python.cpp

My Jamroot file looks like:
----
.boost-root = /Users/berto/apps/opt/boost_1_33_1 ;

use-project /boost : $(.boost-root) ;

using python : 2.4 : /sw ;

project myproj
	: requirements <link>static
	;
----

My Jamfile:
----
project :
	usage-requirements <include>.
	;

[...]

python-extension fileformats_py
		 :
		 python.cpp
		 :
		 <library>/boost/python//boost_python
		 ;
----

In the jamfile I also have some library declarations, but they're
irrelevant to this.

When I run bjam, I get this:

[berto at drjekyll][1108]$ bjam
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(and if you don't know what ICU is then you probably don't need it).
error: Unable to find file or target named
error:     '/python//python_for_extensions
error: referred from project aterror:     '.'

My guess is that I'm missing some sort of declaration in my Jamroot file.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!
-Roberto.