[C++-sig] call python from c++ (not in dll)

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 20:12:14 CEST 2006

On 4/16/06, david stummer <stummer at gmail.com> wrote:
> i don't mean to be rude but your answer doesn't help me in the slightest

Sorry, I was lazy:
http://boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/embedding.html

> i was loking for maybe a tutorial which i haven't found yet

Try google: boost python embedding exe tutorial. 3'rd link will point
you to the url I provided

> boost has absolutely nothing on calling python from an exe which i can see
>
> what is the point in using boost if relative newcommers like me cannot get
> anywhere

boost is relatively big project with some culture. It takes time to
learn it and
understand it's design. Almost all libraries have documentation,
sometimes it even
good. If you not satisfy with something you can:

1. ask( you get the answers, right? )
2. search for answers( you are not the first newcomer! )
3. try to write some document and post it on boost development mailing list.
    In that document you can specify what is wrong, on your opinion, and
    how it should be.
4. you can make it better( hint: contribute, contribute, contribute )
5. you can complain and do nothing

Enter your choice: ...

:-)

--