[C++-sig] Re: Embedding Boost.Python and Exposing Classes to Python

Peter python at cityofdreams.com
Thu Sep 2 05:59:16 CEST 2004

> Also, search this mailing list and download a library which has
> already embedded BPL for study.
>
> You should expect it to take you far longer than your anticipate, but
> perserverence will win you through. I took four months myself.
>
> Cheers,
> Niall

I agree.  I'm going through the same process of learning how to use the
BPL to embed Python and, as soon as you move beyond the basics, be
prepared for lots of googling and searching of the email list.  I've
found you still need to learn the Python C API for many things (or maybe
I'm still too much of a beginner to know how to do things the BPL way).

I would love it if someone would post links to the source of a number of
different projects built using Boost.Python to a significant extent.

Cheers,
Peter