[C++-sig] boost python wrapper parser bug?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 19:16:42 CET 2004

--- brett hartshorn <bhartsho at yahoo.com> wrote:
> However, the code is valid c++ and successfully compiles and runs on
> multiple platforms.  So I still believe it's a bug in the boost wrapper
> parser, tho I'm not in a position to create a definitive testcase.  You
> might want to mention to the boost folks.

"boost wrapper parser" == your very C++ compiler. There is nothing else.

> Hmm, looking closer at the original error message, something else strange:
>  >>>osgGL2/Extensions.cpp:37:   instantiated from here
>  >>>/usr/local/include/osgGL2/Extensions:178: error: `virtual
>  >>>   osgGL2::Extensions::~Extensions()' is protected
>
> That dtor is not virtual, I don't know why the error message claims it is?

osgGL2::Extensions inherits from osg::Referenced which has a virtual
destructor.

> if anyone wants to see the code in question you have to download it the PyOSG
> wrappers from here:
> http://opart.org/pyosg/
> the wrapper file you want to look at is in pyosg_devel/osgGL2/Extensions.cpp
> the class header it wraps is in the OSG package under
> include/osgGL2/Extensions

Here is what I would do:

Make a full copy of the complete source code tree.

Minimize the Boost.Python bindings (without the error going away). It seems you
have done this already because you say that class_<...> alone triggers the
error.

Start stripping down the code in osgGL2/Extensions until you are left with a
minimal example that still triggers the error.

Ralf