[C++-sig] Re: Calling a python function from C++.

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Tue Jun 29 00:30:33 CEST 2004

In gmane.comp.python.c++, you wrote:
> I'm using boost 1_31_0 on Mandrake 10.0 Linux.
>
> I've created a simple demonstration of calling a python function with
> C++ object args using python.boost.
> It currently works with one exception.  In the face of a missing python
> script, it "aborts" instead of properly throwing an exception if I use
> the "handle<>" machinery that boost.python offers.  The following code
> fragment contains the working code with the stuff that should do the
> equivalent, but exibits this problem, commented out.

Hi Jeff,

I'd be interested to see your code. I am trying (not very successfully
so far) to figure out this stuff myself, and any working examples are
helpful. It sounds like you have a better handle on this stuff (no pun
intended) than I do. :-)

Please email it to the my email address shown above. Thanks.

                                                              Faheem.