[C++-sig] Re: calling python function from C++ using call

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Sun Jun 27 20:58:48 CEST 2004

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:17:51 +0000 (UTC), Faheem Mitha
<faheem at email.unc.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to call the function `array' (from the python module
> numarray.strings) from inside C++ code. This function initializes a
> character array. It has the arguments

Actually, I do now have a question. I realised that it would be better
if the C++ code could call the array function directly. This would
involve embedding the interpreter, right? I'd appreciate a
confirmation of this.

I.e. I'd need to do something equivalent to

from numarray.strings import array

in the C++ code.

I'll try to figure out how to do this from the tutorial and the
reference manual, but it would be much appreciated if som kind person
would just tell me what the syntax should look like for importing. :-)
Pretty please?

                                                          Faheem.