[C++-sig] Re: will custom lvalue converters be supported?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 23:07:36 CEST 2004

--- Igor Lapshin <igor at pcigeomatics.com> wrote:
> I'll try to use the classes you suggested. I have already seen the
> container_conversions.h and used that to write my own custom converters.
> I was not able to fully understand how construct() works since it uses
> several types for which I haven't found any description (e.g.
> rvalue_from_python_stage1_data and rvalue_from_python_storage<>). Is
> there documentation for them and for converter::registry and or I should
> just follow the examples which do all that magic?

That's what I did. :-) I only have a very sketchy idea myself of how it works
under the hood.
Each time I write a new custom converter I immediately run valgrind/memcheck to
make sure I did everything right. More often than not I had to go back and fix
my initial implementation. Here is the link to the life saver:
http://valgrind.kde.org/
Ralf