[C++-sig] Re: GNU Problem

Mike Rovner mike at nospam.com
Wed Jan 14 23:24:07 CET 2004

Ian,

Yes and no. AFAICR I dodge the problem by moving to another
platform/compiler;
nowadays I use MSVC7.1 on WinXPpro.

However the code fragment is just:
    class_<Obj>("Obj").add_property("name", &Obj::Name);
and it's enough.

I'll try to recheck with more recent gcc and bpl on some solaris and or
linux platform
but for some reasons it may take time.

Regards,
Mike

"Richards Ian J" <IJRICHARDS at mail.dstl.gov.uk> wrote in message
news:85AC030236CCD41182790002A52CFED90ADA4C86 at mail.dstl.gov.uk...
Mike,

I saw of the web that you had a problem back in Nov 02 where you were
getting a SIGSEGV due to dyn-string.c (see link below). I know it was a long
time ago, but did you find a solution? I am getting the same error but can't
see what I am doing wrong, so I am thinking that it is deeper issue.

Best regards,

Ian Richards.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-November/002708.html
"The Information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent correspondence"
"is private and is intended solely for the intended recipient(s)."
"For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, "
"or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is"
"prohibited and may be unlawful."