[C++-sig] New slice implementation

Jonathan Brandmeyer jbrandmeyer at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 6 05:05:18 CET 2004

I have written a new implementation for free-standing slice objects.
This allows you to create and query slice objects that include a
step-size, as well as export a form of __getitem__ and/or __setitem__
that can receive slice arguments and tuples of slice arguments.

Originally I needed this type for multidimensional slicing of Numeric
arrays, but I decided to round out the type, boostify it, and pass it
along.  Dave, please let me know if there is anything you need me to do
to make this meet your standards for acceptance into Boost.Python.

I should be able to answer any questions you might have as early as late
tomorrow night or Wednesday.

-Jonathan Brandmeyer