[C++-sig] boost python and python help

Ben Young ben at transversal.com
Wed Apr 21 13:36:50 CEST 2004

I know it is not a major issue, but did you know that free functions in
boost::python ified modules do not show up in the interactive help.
Looking into this (pydoc lines 558) it appears that for the free functions

>>> inspect.isroutine(function)
passes, but
>>> if inspect.isbuiltin(function) or inspect.getmodule(function) is module:
fails, mainly because inspect.getmodule(function) returns None.

I'm not sure if there is a nice solution, as the functions are of a special
type, but this can be quite annoying when playing around with new APIs.

Cheers,

Ben Young