[C++-sig] Re: wrapping function taking pointer to pointer

jason sibthorpe j8sn at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 23:30:08 CEST 2003

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could someone point me towards the documentation
(if any exists)
>> for wrapping a function taking a pointer to a
pointer to some
>> type.
>>
>> void ptrptr(char **in)
>> {}
>>
>> BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(test)
>> {
>>     def("ptrptr", &ptrptr);
>> }
>
>There's no one way to do this.
>
>> When calling the function from python I get the
following

>> <snip>
>> did not match C++ signature:
>>     inptrptr(char**)
>
>What kind of Python object do you *expect* to be able
to pass to
>inptrptr?
>
>--
>Dave Abrahams
>Boost Consulting
>www.boost-consulting.com

Hi Dave,

Thanks for responding.

I am interested in understanding the process rather
than dealing with a single type but, for the purposes
of this discussion, the c++ type is char** and I would
think that a python list do the trick.

A doco* would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

-J