[C++-sig] (no subject)

Lars Kunert lkunert at mpi-sb.mpg.de
Sun Sep 7 15:46:33 CEST 2003

Hi!

I am considering to integrate am existing Qt-application into viewer
called chimera. Chimera is a c++/python application with an integrated
IDLE.
Therefore I try to wrap my application into python by using boost.python.
To get some clues how to achive this, I had look into the hippodraw
project. As a priliminary test I tried to execute hippodraw within
chimera. I got the following error message:

>>> from hippo import HDApp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in ?
    from hippo import HDApp
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: undefined symbol:
FT_Seek_Stream

I compiled hippodraw using the following packages, it works perfectly
within the "native"python-interpreter on my computer.

I'm using SuSE 8.1
python 2.2.1-45
chimera1.1700.exe bundeled with python 2.2.1 (build?!)
qt-x11-free-3.2.0 (threads enabeled)
boost1.30.2 with Boost.Python 2
g++ 3.2

The integrated IDLE uses another python-build than I do, but the problem
arises somewhere in the qt-mt library. At the moment I am a bit clueless
how to proceed. I would appreciate some comments on the feasibilty of my
project and of cause to the actual error message.

Thanks in advance

Lars Kunert