[C++-sig] Re: New indexing suite available on indexing_v2 branch

Raoul Gough RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 16:24:08 CEST 2003

"Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Raoul Gough <RaoulGough at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Looking at the changes to IntWrapper.hpp... I guess operator!= might
>> well be needed somewhere, depending on the standard library
>> implementation, but what does including <stdio.h> fix?
>
> It brings in the declaration of printf which the cxx compiler does
> not know about otherwise (correctly so, I believe).

I see. Probably g++ was including this as a side-effect of including
<ostream>. BTW, I originaly had a separate IntWrapper.cpp, but
couldn't figure out how to get Jam to link this into a single dll
together with testlinear. Not sure now why I was using printf instead
of cout.

>> That's a great offer - I'm sure it would save a lot of time. Could
>> you send me some details via email?
>
> Will do.

Thanks to Ralf's generous provision of access to a Tru64 machine, I've
now fixed the code for the Compaq V6.5-031 compiler (I think Ralf said
this uses the EDG 245 front-end). The main problems were due to some
unqualified names in the templates, which I had to fix for proper
two-phase lookup. One other problem was that vector::size_type doesn't
seem to be unsigned int, so passing 0 was ambiguous in one case of
overloads on size_type and vector::iterator (presumably a pointer
type).

--
Raoul Gough.
(setq dabbrev-case-fold-search nil)