[C++-sig] Re: Pyste bug: operator! shouldn't be translated

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Sun Oct 5 04:17:44 CEST 2003

Niall Douglas wrote:

>On 4 Oct 2003 at 17:29, Nicodemus wrote:
>

>>It's strange to have an operator that return float*. 8)
>>
>>Have you tried set_policy(FXVec.operator['float*'], ...)?
>>

>Did better again, I hacked pyste to not generate any custom converter
>casts :) But thanks for the suggestion, it'll be useful elsewhere.

Hmm, but if that's what you want, you could have excluded the operator:

exclude(FXVec.operator['float*'], ...)
?

>BTW Bruno what's your policy on others distributing modified versions
>of pyste.

Hmm, good question. I never discussed licensing with Dave since Pyste
started to make part of Boost. I guess then Pyste is under the same
license as Boost's. Is that right Dave?
I personally don't mind that you distribute this custom fixes of yours
at all, but of course there are things that I would like to integrate
into Pyste, so please continue to share your ideas and patches here! 8)

>I fear with your rate of improvements, a diff file wouldn't
>last too long and I have the LGPL to satisfy.

"Improvements", "bug fixes", it's all the same. ;)

Regards,
Nicodemus