[C++-sig] Boost.Python scope

Nicolas Fleury nidoizo at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 15:54:48 CET 2003

Hi,
If I understand correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), the Boost.Python
library purpose is mainly only to expose C++ in Python.  It doesn't
provide the equivalent of the C API and I wonder if it should be
changed.  I prefer to work with boost::python::objects than with
PyObjects and I prefer C++ to C.  Right now, I have to use the C API to
do certain things (like read a pickled object in C++).  Do you think the
current Boost.Python scope should be enlarged to provide a complete C++
API?  Or at least add a function to execute python code and store the
result in a boost::python::object?

Regards,

Nicolas Fleury