[C++-sig] boost.python on OS X 10.3 (Panther)

Rene Rivera grafik.list at redshift-software.com
Mon Nov 3 02:42:04 CET 2003

[2003-11-02] Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>But this one hangs:
>
>bjam -sPYTHON_VERSION=2.3 -sTOOLS=darwin "-sBUILD=debug <warnings>off"
>-sALL_LOCATE_TARGET=/net_coral/scratch1/rwgk/bjam -sRUN_ALL_TESTS=1 list
>
>It hangs at this line:
>
>from list_ext import *
>
>According to the debugger the process hangs here:
>
>(gdb) where
>#0  0x90034728 in semaphore_wait_trap ()
>#1  0x90009c18 in pthread_mutex_lock ()
>#2  0x0054f1f0 in std::__default_alloc_template<true, 0>::allocate(unsigned
>long
>etc.
>
>Does this ring any bells?

Yes... That is the state of my first attempts at using Apples compiler.
Things compile and link, but tests would hang indefinately. At the time, and
mostly now also, I didn't have direct access to a MacOSX machine so I didn't
know more than that.

>Harri, how did you get around this problem? Could you please post more
>details about your platform and the commands that you used to compile
>and link?

Yes please.

Ralf is there a chance you could do some test to see how one can select the
version of the frameowrk one links against? I'd really like to know if it's
possible as the Apple documentation only alludes to one being able to do it
but doesn't tell you how.

-- grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- rrivera (at) acm.org - grafik (at) redshift-software.com
-- 102708583 (at) icq