[C++-sig] Re: using BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue May 27 16:25:44 CEST 2003

"Achim Domma \(ProCoders\)" <domma at procoders.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> is it still possible to use boost_python as static library? In config.hpp I
> found BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB, but it seems not to be mentioned anywhere in
> the documentation. I defined it like this in my Jamfile:
>
> <vc7><*><define>BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB
>
> Bjam is linking with libboost_python.lib then, but I get a lot of unresolved
> externals, all refering to boost.python functions using
> __declspec(dllimport) which seems wrong to me. Is it my fault or do I have
> to use the shared library?

You shouldn't have to use the shared library.  Oops, as far as I can
tell, if you're trying to use boost_python.lib from the bin-stage
directory, we have a problem: the import library for the Boost.Python
DLL has the same name, and overwrites the static library.  For the
time being, until we figure out how to fix this, you should dig into
the bin/... directories to find the static library build.

Rene, do you have a solution up your sleeve for this one?

www.boost-consulting.com