[C++-sig] Can't get a simple example with fstream to compile & link

Fast Bike cdn_pride at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 18:01:11 CEST 2003

I guess what I was trying to ask is: Why is a copy
constructor needed for everything?

For example if I want to open a member file object
within the constructor of the object I am wrapping and
close it within the destructor that seems good and
normal to me. However, without making it a pointer to
a file object I can't because the boost::python
library wants to copy it.

I don't understand why it would need to make a copy of
it. That's the part I'm trying to understand.

Thanks for your help.