[C++-sig] ANN: Pyste - Boost.Python Code Generator

Patrick Hartling patrick at vrac.iastate.edu
Sat Mar 15 03:27:03 CET 2003

I am very excited by the potential for this tool, especially with its
support for templates.  (I really didn't want to go through the drudgery
of exposing a library of templates to Python!)  I am having a problem
running Pyste, though.  For some reason, copying 'filename' to
'infilename' (line 62 of CppParser.py) creates a file in /tmp that is
read-only.  I'm sure this is being caused by something screwy with my
local environment settings, but I don't know what.  I am testing on
RedHat 8.0, and my umask is 022.  I can modify CppParser.py to set the
mode bits to 0644 immediately after the copy, but I would prefer to fix
my environment settings rather than have a modified copy of Pyste.  Any
ideas?

  -Patrick