[C++-sig] Compile times using Boost::python.

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 10:46:17 CEST 2003

--- gideon may <gideon at computer.org> wrote:
> With me they are all one and the same  platform :(

It's off topic, but without a pass through a recent EDG based compiler (e.g.
Intel) I am generally not convinced that a given piece of code is clean. The
EDG diagnostics are very good and have saved me days of debugging.

> Guess I will do some profiling of the gcc linker and file a report, as Dave
> mentioned

This is definitely a good idea. For the short term: the first time I noticed
the excessive link times was with gcc 3.2. IIRC gcc 3.1 is fine. I am
absolutely sure that gcc 3.0.4 is fine. I.e. for your debug builds you could
use an older compiler.

Ralf