[C++-sig] win32: BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE always exports DLL symbols

Nicolas Lelong n_lelong at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 18:12:29 CET 2003

Hi,

> Yeah, I don't think that's the right fix, because it will make your
> init##name() function into an IMported function when you link against
> the Boost.Python DLL.

Yep, I thought it may have problems like this.

> Wouldn't it be enough to have a symbol which determines whether module
> init functions are exported or not, in addition to having
> BOOST_PYTHON_STATIC_LIB?

Sure, that should be enough, but I was wondering if there would exist any
other specificities tied to extending an embedded Python. Ican't think of
any other - but this could be 'smart' to tie all of them to a single symbol.
Moreover, I can't see any other use of not exporting module init functions
besides extending an embedded python.