[C++-sig] Re: STLPort problems

Mike Thompson mike.thompson at day8.com.au
Fri Aug 29 14:52:23 CEST 2003

"Mike Thompson" <mike.thompson at day8.com.au> wrote in message
news:bingb7$39a$1 at sea.gmane.org...

> "Mike Thompson" wrote:
> > I'm getting compile time errors when building Boost.Python
> > using STLport.
> >

> Okay.  After far too long, this all seems to be down to two isses:
>
>      1.  A problem with Python2.3 and Boost 1.30.2 which now appears
>           fixed in cvs HEAD.  See my previous posts for details of the
>           missing #define for LONG_LONG.
>
>      2.  As suggested by David, there is an STLport bug.  Its been around
>           for a while but has not been fixed in the latest beta snapshots.
>           I've raised the following bug report as a further prompter:
>                       http://www.stlport.com/dcforum/DCForumID6/1364.html
>
>           NB: The bug is ONLY triggered when  you use STLport with the "I'll
> use
>           native iostream library" switch on STLport.

Arrgh.   Its getting late and I'm getting forgetful.

This post was mean to be a summary but I forgot to mention in point 2. that
strcpy() and fprintf() do not end up in std:: either and are put in global
namespace.  I had to hack Python.Boost to get this to work with STLport. (see

AND ....

I also had problems trying to use a version of STLport other than 4.5.3.  I
followed all the instructions I swear, but the build system always wanted to
#include from the folder stlport4.5.3\stlport (rather than from a sister folder
like stlport4.5-0725).    I tried to track this down through the jam files but
they meant little to me and I gave up.

--
Mike