[C++-sig] scope / namespace question

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Sun Oct 27 19:11:46 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm exposing a lot of classes called DrawableXXX and PathXXX. I want to put
them in two sub-modules Drawable and Path, so that the python classes would
be called Drawable.XXX and Path.XXX. As far as I understand the
documentation of scope, I have to do something like this:

BOOST_PYTHON_MODULE(myModule)
{
    // register classes which are not part
    // of Drawable and Path
    // ...

    registerDrawableClasses();
    registerPathClasses();
}

void registerDrawableClasses()
{
    scope drawable = ???;
    class_<DrawableXXX>("XXX")
        .def(...
}

void registerPathClasses()
{
    scope path = ???;
    class_<PathXXX>("XXX")
        .def(...
}

In the documentation nested classes are used, so should I use an empty class
like this?

struct drawable_place_holder {};
scope drawable = class_<drawable_place_holder>("Drawable",no_init);

Is that the way to go?

greetings
Achim