[C++-sig] std::vector

Scott A. Smith ssmith at magnet.fsu.edu
Fri Oct 4 16:44:53 CEST 2002

Hi Ralf,

I just made my intial attempts to look at the std::vector stuff you sent.
Unfortunately, I am stuck at the beginning, checking out a specific
(or any) branch. I am not too good at CVS apparently.

> I have verified that the RC_1_29_0 branch of boost is working properly.

I would be glad to try and get/build both 1.29.0 and 2.0. After looking
over the last 4 months of these messages, at Source Forge, and at Yahoo I
still
don't know the simple means to do this. I know enough to do the following:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost
checkout boost
... a couple more commands
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost logout

At least I was able to obtain scitbx!

But what are the commands to get only RC_1_29_0 or 2.0 or develop?
Do you (locally) keep these in different directories?
What does RC stand for?
Is is better or just as easy to just copy things from a browser from Source
Forge?

I'll give vectors & lists a go today if I can get a version of Boost.Python
that
can handle the stuff you wrote about earlier.

Thanks,
Scott