[C++-sig] Problem with vc++ 7

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at NAREX.com
Tue Nov 19 18:01:59 CET 2002

> From: Paul F. Kunz [mailto:Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU]
>
>    Environment: boost 1.28.0, VC++ 7.0, Windows 2000 and XP.
>
>    My Python extension module fails to intialize.
[...]

A number of incompatibilities between Python built with VC6 and
extensions built with VC7 has been reported due to different run-time
libraries. The Python developers are aware of this, however they're
unlikely to move to VC7 until at least some of the most common
extensions are ported. (Besides, they don't have a VC7 optimizing
compiler yet, which makes it kind of difficult ;-) You can always
compile Python with VC7 yourself, although you'll probably have to get
some files from cvs...

-- bjorn