[C++-sig] Contributing an embedding example (after a bugfix ;)

Dirk Gerrits dirk at gerrits.homeip.net
Mon Nov 18 22:44:30 CET 2002

After receiving a lot of help in another thread (thanks!) I was able to
get my little Boost.Python program using embedding to compile and run.
It works great! But upon deinitialization with Py_Finalize(), I get an
error:

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

I don't really know what is causing this, so I am asking for your help
again. :)

After having fixed this though, I'd be willing to contribute this as an
example for Boost.Python, if there is interest. I thought it was a
pretty neat technique myself. ;)

Before that, I'd need to Boostify the code a bit though, and I am
wondering if all of it is necessary. For example, BaseWrap seems a bit
superfluous since I'm only using Base's polymorphism from the C++ side.
Any comments on this?

Regards,

Dirk Gerrits