[C++-sig] 2 Problems in build

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Fri May 10 22:18:42 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David LeBlanc" <whisper at oz.net>
To: <c++-sig at python.org>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 12:48 PM
Subject: RE: [C++-sig] 2 Problems in build

> I gather that mpl is something that is newly needed, since I didn't have
it
> a week ago when I last built Boost from CVS source.

You don't need it today, unless you're trying to build from the libs/python
or libs/python/test subdirectories. It's only needed for Boost.Python v2,
which is prerelease code.

> I'm not able to find the exact information I used to decide which env
vars
> to set and i've also erased and reinstalled my build tree from CVS as of
> yesterday, but iirc, they where JAM_TOOLSET=VISUALC and
> VISUALC=/path/to/visualstudio/vc98. From the info put up by jam during a
> build attempt and reading the relevent .jam files, I also figured out
that
> python_root and python_version are needed to be set as well.

I'm not sure what your aim is in posting the above info: are you asking for
help? Trying to help others?

> BTW, the
> current build instructions on
> http://www.boost.org/tools/build/index.html#Building don't mention either
of
> the python variables.

I realize that; we plan to update all of the build system docs before
1.28.0 goes out.

Thanks,
Dave