[C++-sig] Error in BPL v2 build using KCC on tru64

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Mon Jun 17 23:59:46 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <rwgk at yahoo.com>
> The last successful build is from Sun Jun 16 08:04:21 PDT 2002.
> Starting at Sun Jun 16 16:03:59 PDT 2002 the Tru64 cxx builds
> are broken with error messages that appear to be similar to
> the KCC errors.

No, those are different!
I think I have a fix. I think you're gonna love this hack ;-/
It involves forcing an incomplete type through a template to make it into a
dependent type so the compiler doesn't complain about it being incomplete
in phase 1 of template compilation.

Anyway, it'll be in within an hour or so.

> The next automatic build is at 4PM PDT today:
>
> http://cci.lbl.gov/boost/
>
> We are using the tru64_cxx65 toolset which requires the latest
> cxx compiler (version 6.5).
>
> Ralf
>
> P.S.: All the other builds are currently broken because our machines
> are messed up :-(

My sympathies...