[C++-sig] make_tuple()?

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 05:01:43 CEST 2002

--- David Abrahams <david.abrahams at rcn.com> wrote:
> It depends how you want it to interact with overloading.

In the context of pickle support there are no overloads.

> > Is back_reference<> obsolete?
>
> No, object will match anything but back_reference<T> matches only arguments
> convertible to T.

OK. I was just afraid of using a feature that might be removed a some time.

So, which approach would you prefer given that there is only one definition for
each pickle support function and given that these functions are .def'ed as
member functions (so the first argument can only be of the given wrapped type).
Does it matter at all?

Thanks,
Ralf