[C++-sig] Outstanding Jobs for v2 release

David Abrahams david.abrahams at rcn.com
Sat Jul 13 18:01:26 CEST 2002

From: "Achim Domma" <achim.domma at syynx.de>

> > > It's also not clear to me, what the status of slicing and operator
> > > overloading currently is. Is it already handled by 'object'?
> >
> > Yep.
>
> Is slicing also working already? I remember a discussion in the list how
the
> syntax should be. Is there an example?

libs/python/test/object.cpp says:

bool check_string_slice()
{
    object s("hello, world");

    if (s.slice(_,-3) != "hello, wo")
        return false;

    if (s.slice(-3,_) != "rld")
        return false;

    if (", " != s.slice(5,7))
        return false;

    return s.slice(2,-1).slice(1,-1)  == "lo, wor";
}

> I will write some more tests. Is there a reason not to use unittest? Do
you
> prefer doctest?

I know doctest, and I don't know unittest. doctest works well for this job.
Is there a good reason to use unittest? If you want to use unittest, be my
guest, but you might have to explain what you've done to me.

-Dave