[C++-sig] GCC 3.2 side-effect?

William Trenker wtrenker at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 21 00:42:35 CET 2002

The following code fragment compiled without error yesterday with GCC
2.95.3.

handle<> h_result;
h_result = PyRun_String(
    "import time\n",
    Py_file_input, main_namespace.get(), main_namespace.get()
    );

Today I upgraded to GCC 3.2.  I was able to re-build boost.python without
error, although a number of warnings popped up that weren't there with the
older compiler.

But the code fragment above, taken from a small project I'm working on,
gives the following errror:

cm.cpp:28: no match for `boost::python::handle<PyObject>& = PyObject*'
operator
/root/cvsroot/boost/boost/python/handle.hpp:193: candidates are:
   boost::python::handle<T>& boost::python::handle<T>::operator=(const
   boost::python::handle<T>&) [with T = PyObject]

What is missing in my code?

Thanks for the help,
Bill

STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 3 months FREE*.
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_stopmorespam_3mf