[C++-sig] Compiler error with builtin_converters.hpp

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Dec 16 06:16:37 CET 2002

"William Trenker" <wtrenker at hotmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for the quick fix.  Python is re-building without error even as
> I type this.

<phew>

> You mentioned that the gcc-2.95.2 compiler doesn't come with a
> "limits" file (I'm actually using 2.95.3).

Me too, actually, along with 3.2.  I used to test with 3.0.4 as well,
until a Cygwin upgrade broke my 3.0.4 installation.

> Maybe it's time I switched to gcc-3.2.  Have you used that version?

Yeah, it's much better, and it will probably make a big difference to
you if you're writing new C++ code but it probably won't affect your
Python-wrapping experience much.  At least, I've seen relatively few
places where a 2.95-specific problems cropped up with Boost.Python.

--
                       David Abrahams