[C++-sig] tuple::size()

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 29 00:14:19 CEST 2002

If I want to know the length of a tuple, list or dict, currently I have to
#include a certain file with a long path. On top of that, if I am not in
namespace boost::python, I have to type "boost::python::len(o)".

Points:

- Having to #include <boost/python/whatever.hpp> is cumbersome and brings more
code into scope than I really need.

- boost::python::len() is quite a bit of clutter.

- .size() is what one expects to have in C++.

- .size() could directly look at sq_length and thus generate less code.

David, would you be very upset if I added .size() to tuple.hpp, list.hpp and
dict.hpp?

Ralf