[C++-sig] more boost v1 problems

cseymour at interchange.ubc.ca cseymour at interchange.ubc.ca
Fri Aug 23 02:50:02 CEST 2002

Okay this is weird

I have a small little sample shared library I use to test if exceptions are being handled correctly.

In building it, I used an old boost (1.25.1) library compiled with the Python 2.2.1 includes, the Python 2.2.1 includes, and libpython2.2.a. Then I ran it on another of our computers, using Python 2.1. And the sample exception worked perfectly (even though the Python API was newer ).

On my computer and others, in Python 2.2.1, when I try the sample exception (using the shared library built on the old computer, nothing has been rebuilt), it segfaults Python out.

So I think this means that my boost libraries aren't at fault, seeing as one of them built for 2.2.1 works fine with 2.1. The only difference between the old computer and the rest is that the old computer uses libm.so.6 and libc.so.6 pointing to 2.2.2 versions, while the rest of the computers are 2.2.4, and the old computer is running Python 2.1 while the others run Python 2.2.1.

Maybe someone at Mandrake put a weird configuration into the RPM's I've been using? I tried building gcc 3.0.4 on my own and it didn't help.