[C++-sig] more boost v1 problems

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Thu Aug 22 03:16:07 CEST 2002

All I can tell you offhand is:

0. 2.96 is not an official GCC release version
1. it is working for me here with GCC 3.2 on Debian.
2. This crash might well be due to a problem with C++ exception-handling.

Hmm, how did you configure your GCCs? I have it on good authority that for
GCCs prior to 3.1 need to be configured with

    --prefix=... --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs

if you have an existing GCC installation. For versions 3.1 and greater,

    --prefix=...

is sufficient.

HTH,
Dave