[C++-sig] approaching a new library

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo at hiper.com.br
Wed Aug 21 00:43:46 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 17:08, David Abrahams wrote:
> [...]
> However, if you haven't got very far into v1 I'd like to strongly suggest
> you try using v2.
> The docs, though not yet complete, are probably better and more complete in
> the formal sense than those for v1. Though there's no tutorial section,
> there's a lot of reference documentation which covers most of the important
> stuff. Also, v1 is going to be retired (very) soon. Furthermore, v2 is just
> better in nearly every way. One major problem with v1 is that it won't
> build on conforming compilers.

It was working for me, AFAIK, with a gcc-3.0 toolchain on Linux (Debian
and Mandrake), but have it working on Windows is a pretty important
goal, which we haven't tested yet.

My only fear is, since there isn't any released tarball of it yet, that
v2 would be a moving target, making it hard to use it for development.
but since "you strongly suggest" it, it probably means that grabbing it
from cvs will be stable enough :-)

I'll try it tonight

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.