[C++-sig] [ANN] arbitrary arity support / new callback interface

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Fri Apr 12 15:17:12 CEST 2002

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Toon Knapen wrote:

> On Friday 12 April 2002 07:22, David wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >Unfortunately, gcc-2.95.3 (MinGW, but likely on Linux also) generates
> >incorrect exception-handling code for this construct, so the library's
> >checking for your erroneous code may not work so well with that
> >compiler. I'll be looking into alternatives which the compiler will be
> >happier with. In the meantime, just don't make mistakes ;-)
>
> I figure it's not really worth spending too much time supporting gcc-2.95.3.
> gcc-3.0.4 is almost on the same level as 2.95.3 so it will become obsolete
> soon. (just worried about your load-level ;)

Note that some of us (numeric crunchers) are stuck to 2.95.x because, for
example, gcc-3.x.x built ATLAS library is known to be slower to when using
2.95.x and therefore 2.95.x compiler will not be obsolete for some time.

I am far from asking full support for gcc-2.95.x of BPL as on can always
keep two compilers around for different software but it is a bit
inconvinient...

I am looking forward to use BPL V2, I have had very good experience
with BPL V1.

Thanks,
	Pearu