[C++-SIG] GRAD

Donald Beaudry donb at zippy.boston.sgi.com
Wed Jul 1 20:00:59 CEST 1998

Ken Seehof <ken at marc.com> wrote,
> If not, is there anything out there better than SWIG for wrapping C++
> code?  What about MESS, is it any good?

I happen to think the MESS is good, but then, I am a bit biased ;) The
MESS, however, isnt directly useful for creating wrappers, at least
not in the same sense that SWIG is.  The MESS does however make
wrapping complex datatypes much more straightforward than doing them
my hand.  I find it quite useful in the output of wrapper generators.
Since there hasnt been much (or any) demand for it, I havnt made a new
release of the MESS in quite a while.  I could be talked into it
though.

--
Donald Beaudry                                         Silicon Graphics
Performance Tools/SSO                                  1 Cabot Road