[PYTHON C++-SIG] LLNL Python/C++ integration: current status

Harri Pasanen pa at tekla.fi
Mon Feb 17 20:50:27 CET 1997

Geoffrey Furnish writes:
> Harri Pasanen writes:
>  >
>  > PSS. Are there any C++ compilers for Linux that are 'up to snuff'?
>
> I am under the impression that KCC is supposed to be out for Linux
> sometime this spring, but that is rumor, I am not representing this
> statement as fact.
>
>  > If not, your stuff won't be usable on Beowulf clusters until g++
>  > catches up... ;-)
>  > <http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux-web/beowulf/beowulf.html>
>
> I would like to respond to this again, even though there was quite a
> bit of discussion about it yesterday.

    [ rest of of the reasoning deleted ]

I did not mean to criticize your approach, all of your reasoning is quite
solid.  In fact, I'd take the same approach you took being in the same
situation.

I was also just reading about the Beowulf project, and wanted to give
a pointer to that stuff as a sideline. (and got Livermore
and LANL (Los Alamos) mixed up.)

Do you have an estimate of when you'll be releasing your stuff to
wider audience?

Harri

C++-SIG - SIG for Development of a C++ Binding to Python

send messages to: c++-sig at python.org
administrivia to: c++-sig-request at python.org