[core-workflow] self-approving pull requests

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 02:51:18 EST 2017

On 22 February 2017 at 13:12, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm +1 for turning on required status checks though - giving us a
> strong incentive to get the test suite stable and keep it that way is
> an unequivocally good thing, and I do want to keep the "PR required,
> even for core developers" experiment going for at least another few
> weeks.

To be clear: my preference would be to have the setup be "Review
required, but self-review is permitted", as that lets us decided
whether or not it makes sense to wait for the CI to run.

But if GitHub doesn't allow that, then I think "Successful CI run
required" would be a better near term gate than preventing developers
from merging our own changes (even when we're importing someone else's
patch from bugs.python.org or just fixing a typo in the docs)

Cheers,
Nick.