[core-workflow] Time to decide how to convert hg repos to git

Martin Panter vadmium+py at gmail.com
Sun May 8 04:48:47 EDT 2016

On 8 May 2016 at 08:08, Senthil Kumaran <senthil at uthcode.com> wrote:
> Brett and I discussed that we might need a way to verify if two repos, hg
> and git repos are same (that's have the same graph) as we undertake this
> process. I don't know any offhand comparison commands, but I assume it
> should be possible. I plan to add that to that tool.

One starting point that comes to mind is to compare the number of
revisions (including all merges and merged revisions) for each branch,
tag, etc. With Git you can do it like:

$ git rev-list --count master
489

I don’t know what the equivalent command in Mercurial is. Perhaps you
could clone the relevant branch to a fresh repository and check the
numerical revision number.