[core-workflow] Spelling out a suggested local workflow for sending PRs?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 10:23:45 EST 2016

I suggest that this be added to the new devguide, not a PEP, because there
are many workflows that work for different people.

One category of workflow is "make a clone on GitHub for each suggested
patch, then nuke that clone and start over for the next patch". A different
category of workflow is "clone on GitHub, clone from there to my local
machine, and keep my local machine up-to-date with the origin so I can keep
putting in patches easily". And there are other workflows that are
supported by different small tooling.

FWIW, I still don't know which I prefer. We are having this issue in the
IETF, and it is clear that people don't all agree on what they prefer.

I'm happy to write text up on this for the devguide when it gets time to do
so.

--Paul Hoffman