[core-workflow] Github Mirrors - Should Disallow Pull Request / Issue Creation Until the migration

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Sun Jul 10 09:33:38 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 10, 2016 at 12:15 AM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see any problem with doing that early - we already carry a .gitignore file for the benefit of folks using hg-git bridges, so if we wanted to start experimenting with GitHub workflows (including things like Travis CI), why gate that on actually doing the migration first if we can use the existing mirrors for it?

I am in favor of introducing this before the migration. It seems like
an easy thing to setup without any clutter to the existing setup.
For e.g, for the pull request template,  We can have the
PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md as suggested by Carol inside a .github
directory in hg repo and communicate our intention.  That should
address one of the points in this thread.

Thanks,
Senthil