[core-workflow] Software Factory

Brett Cannon brett at snarky.ca
Mon Nov 23 11:50:41 EST 2015

Two things.

One, I will add to the chorus of people who don't like Gerrit, and this is
from using the project. There is no chance we are switching to Gerrit based
on our other options.

Two, it's too late to propose another workflow option anyway as we already
spent this year getting proposals together. As outlined in my personal
notes at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VewK3MpkT4Qv2SildCKp8crbs-1S6RgPcsUzt_sbJOw/edit
,
I am only considering GitHub and GitLab at this point; all other options
are too late to be considered. If you have comments to make you can leave
them on the doc, although since this is geared towards improving the
workflow for core devs that means comments from people in that capacity
will be valued the most.

I'm collecting feedback on the workflows from people until Dec 1. I'm going
to take the feedback and questions people have back to the people who have
made the proposals for answers by Dec 15 so I can make a decision by Jan 1.