[core-workflow] Software Factory

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:20:47 EST 2015

Hi,

As I wrote in my previous "I love OpenStack workflow" email, I really
like the Gerrit tool.

I have colleagues at Red Hat working on an integration of Gerrit,
Zuul, Jenkins, Etherpad, etc. to easily deploy such setup (install but
also update). The project is called "Software Factory" and it's a
libre software:
http://softwarefactory-project.io/docs/intro.html

It would allow us (Python) to own our data (reviews), rather than
relying on a private provider like Gitlab (I don't know if Gitlab can
be used completly freely on our own server).

I'm sure that my colleagues would love to help us to deploy a test
setup for Python!

I don't know if we need all Software Factory tools: Gerrit, Redmine,
Zuul, Jenkins, Nodepool, Etherpad, Pastebin. If we keep Round Up, we
will have to write code to integrate Round Up with Gerrit. IMHO it's
worth it :-)

By the way, I used Jenkins for different projects and different
companies, and I prefer Jenkins over Buildbot. Its output (test
result) is *much* better than Buildbot. It understands that some tests
are unstable and identify them. I would also be a nice enhancement to
modify our test suite to produce JUnit compatible output and get
Jenkins reports. What do you think?

Ok, I sent 3 emails. It's maybe time for me to read all the backlog
(archives of the mailing list, PEP 507, etc.) :-D

Victor