[core-workflow] GSoC idea: bug.python.org improvements

Jørn Lomax northlomax at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 18:12:33 CET 2015

Hi

I'm a potential GSoC participant, and I'm interested in the bug tracker
improvement idea[1]. I had a brief look at what has already been
discussed on the mailing list and liked what I read.

I don't know anything about the code-review tools mentioned (Kallithea
and Phabricator), but I would  be up to investigating how they could be
integrated. But I really like the idea of integrating a REST API to
roundup, but I'm not sure if that would be a python-core project or a
distinct roundup project (requireing mentors from the Roundup devs)?

But I'm very interested in doing a project with the python core team, so
if there are any other interesting ideas I'm definalty up to it. I
should perhaps ask around on the python-dev ML?

[1]https://wiki.python.org/moin/SummerOfCode/2015/python-core