[Conferences] Can I setup a pyArkansas ride/roomshare page on the python.org wiki?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sat Oct 13 00:59:23 CEST 2012

On Friday 12 October 2012 21:58:16 Chad Cooper wrote:
> Is it cool to edit these pages:
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonConferences
>
> And can I create a page at http://wiki.python.org/moin/pyArkansas, similar
> to http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyOhio/RoomShare?

On the Python Wiki responsibly edited Python-related content is not merely
accepted but actively encouraged. Please feel free to create pages, taking
care not to make page names too vague, of course, and by all means edit the
conferences page.

Just remember to use the preview function to check your edits instead of
saving many times: the Wiki should remember your drafts, at least if you've
logged in. I'm not sure whether the Wiki supports OpenID, so you may need to
create an account if you want a proper user identity, but nobody is
prohibited from editing without an account.

Paul

P.S. Various discussions of conference calendars have come up recently. The
PythonEvents page also contains scheduling information, and eventually I'll
try and persuade people to make it more calendar like by installing something
like EventAggregator. Maybe we'll also get OpenID enabled in the Wiki one day
if it isn't already.