[Conferences] Conference Attendance?

Mariano Reingart reingart at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 16:24:44 CET 2012

PyCon Argentina was the first (and maybe it is still the only)
Spanish-speaking Python Conference.
We had reached 750 free registrations in 2009, with 450 unique
attendees at Buenos Aires.
In 2010 and 2011 it was moved to other cities and there were less
attendees, but this year we're returning to Buenos Aires (capital
city) and we expect around 500 attendees again.

We held our conference a week before the PyCon Brasil (Portuguese
speakers), and they have similar numbers of attendees.
We often share international/regional speakers and guest (Uruguay,
Peru, Paraguay, Chile), with some talks in English and Portuñol
(Portuguese+Spanish) as well.
This year we're trying to reach more Latin America countries and
international attendees.

More info at:

http://ar.pycon.org/2012/conference/index?lang=en

Best regards