[Conferences] Fixing links and adding info about PyCon Brasil

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Wed Jan 4 17:56:17 CET 2012

Dear friends of the PSF,

Happy 2012!

I am writing as council member of the Brazilian Python Association to
request some updates and corrections on PYCON.ORG about PythonBrasil,
the annual Brazilian Python Conference since 2005.

1. Please edit the index page of http://www.pycon.org/:

1.1. In the conferences listing, please edit the link anchored to
["Python Brasil" in Brazil] to:
- Spell the conference name as one word ["PythonBrasil" in Brazil]
- Make the href point to http://www.pythonbrasil.org.br/ (it currently
points to http://www.pythonbrasil.com.br/, a domain we no longer use)

1.2. In the section where past conferences are listed, please add a
paragraph about PythonBrasil:

"""
The 7th edition of PythonBrasil was held in São Paulo in 2011.
Previous editions happened in Curitiba (2010), Caxias do Sul (2009),
Rio de Janeiro (2008), Joinville (2007), Brasília (2006) and Campinas
(2005).
"""

2. Please change the DNS CNAME record for BR.PYCON.ORG. It should
point to WWW.PYTHONBRASIL.ORG.BR (it currently points to
www.pyconbrasil.com.br, another domain we no longer use). See dig
output below.

Sorry for the inconvenience as we consolidate our domain names.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Luciano Ramalho

###################
; <<>> DiG 9.6-ESV-R4-P3 <<>> br.pycon.org cname
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;br.pycon.org.                  IN      CNAME

;; ANSWER SECTION:
br.pycon.org.           5086    IN      CNAME   www.pyconbrasil.com.br.

;; Query time: 163 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.1.1#53(192.168.1.1)